23-25 JUNE 2019
Gallagher Convetion Centre
Johannesburg, South Africa
One of Africa’s largest and most well established trade exhibitions, SAITEX is now entering its 26th successful year as the key annual product sourcing opportunity for the entire continent’s retail and trade industry.
Now home to well over a billion people and an estimated 350 million middle class consumers, Africa has one of the world’s largest and fastest developing markets in the world.
Economic growth in Sub-Saharan Africa continues to recover steadily and is forecasted to pick up to 3.1% in 2018 and to firm to an average of 3.6% in 2019–20.
SAITEX presents an excellent opportunity to engage with international product suppliers and buyers sourcing products.
Why Africa, why SAITEX and why now:
- The Africa Continental Free Trade Agreement is well advanced, offering an EU-style single market to at least 26 African
- Major political regime change in South Africa and neighbouring countries offers increasing stability and growth
opportunities and renewed commitment to plug Africa into the global economy.
- Government leaders recognise the need for safe investment environments to drive economic growth.
- Africa has a population of 1.2 billion people and a fast-growing middle class.
- SAITEX is the only multi-sector exhibition and conference in Africa providing unparalleled access to all industries.
- What does this means for your business? Africa offers huge opportunities and SAITEX offers the best way to trade with
SAITEX FOR TRADE – DISCUSSING THE FUTURE OF BUSINESS IN AFRICA
More than 17 countries exhibit at SAITEX to promote and secure trade agreements for the export of their leading products into Africa.
These high-level trade discussions at SAITEX means the event also attracts government officials, diplomats, entrepreneurs and business leaders from around the world.
To foster further dialogue at influencer level, a new three-day conference has been introduced at SAITEX. The Trade Development Forum provides a platform for intra-Africa trade discussions where key subjects include the new African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA).
The AfCFTA will open Africa up in an EU-style single-trade market. This could offer significant improved opportunities. Join us at the The Trade Development Forum where the dti will unpack the AfCFTA and it’s related features and benefits.
Other key subjects on the discussion agenda includes SADC country spotlights, provincial showcases and key programmes highlighted by the Gauteng government.
More than 140 exhibitors from 17 countries showcase thousands of products across all major import and export categories including clothing & fashion accessories, IT products, pharmaceuticals, electronics, homewares, tools & hardware, chemicals and much more.
For suppliers looking to set up a trading chain and movement of products within Africa, SAITEX provides an audience of thousands of new business contacts and buyers.