MEET OUR EXHIBITOR: Economic Development Board Mauritius (EDB)
Tell us a little bit about your department
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT BOARD MAURITIUS (EDB) Is the APEX Trade and Investment promotion organisation of the Republic of Mauritius. (A Merger of EX-Board Of Investment, EX-Enterprise Mauritius & Ex-Financial Promotion Authority). Our core objectives are:
- Promote Mauritius as a preferred sourcing destination for quality products, services & investment ventures
- Consolidate the share of mauritian exports in our traditional markets & diversify our exports into new markets
- Develop emerging markets for our existing products and assist sme’s through export marketing
- Provide export facilitation services
- Attract foreign direct investment
- Encourage & facilitate mauritian private sector businessmen to invest in the region.
Tell us what you will be exhibiting
Beverages: Alcoholic drinks, Candles, Garments, Fashion Jewellery, Golfers shirt, Polo & T-shirts, Snack – Potato chips, Peanuts, Corn,Herbal infusion / Green Tea, breadfruit, pineapples, Metal and decoration: Forgé & Inox,Interior decoration: Handmade Interior decoration,UPVC, Aluminium opening, Leather products, fruit preservation, handicraft, cleaning and maintenance solutions and material, Offset printing, Digital large format printing, Sign Making, Advertising display products, paper products and printing, Bathtubs, Washbasins, Pots, School and Workwear Uniforms, Soaps & Detergents
Tell us what your focus will be at the show:
- Present Mauritius as a reliable sourcing destination for quality products
- Sustain and consolidate exports in South Africa and the region
- Enhance the international and regional exposure of Mauritian SMEs
- Diversification of export product range
- Keep abreast of the market development and explore export potential to existing and new markets, market diversification
- Establish new contacts with potential buyers and importers
Tell us why you have chosen to exhibit SAITEX 2019:
- SAITEX is the largest international trade fair in Africa, showcasing products of over 400 exhibitors from 25 countries across the globe.
- South Africa, the trade capital of Africa, has a well-developed, affluent market with the headquarters of many Africa’s largest retail groups including huge players like Shoprite Holdings, Massmart Holdings, Pick n Pay Stores, The SPAR Group and Woolworths Holdings
- SAITEX is visited by buyers from the neighbouring countries. Companies participating in the fair will get the opportunity to establish contacts from the SADC region e.g. Botswana, Namibia, Swaziland among others. As such SAITEX is considered as a platform from where extension of our market to South Africa and other African countries can be attained.
- A presence in SAITEX promotes Mauritius as a reliable sourcing destination. This marketing action increases Mauritius visibility in the SADC region and among international exhibitors (UK, Brazil, Chile)
- SAITEX is an international platform for SMEs to experience the feel of an international fair and enable them to benchmark their products with other manufacturing competing countries (China, Turkey, Vietnam).
- SAITEX is the only 100% B2B trade fair for multi-sectors. FIM (Madagascar), Reunion and Seychelles fairs are more B2C events. There is an opportunity to meet Buyers in South Africa and the region. The fair is the biggest multi-sector fair in Southern Africa with the highest number of countries exhibiting and the highest number of buyers from different countries visiting the fair as well.